Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Simple Shift Dress No. 2...



Yes, there is a No. 1, I just have not ever posted photos of it. I was so inspired by this second version I thought I would share some shots of it. This amazing blue fabric with diagonal rows of dots was the inspiration for the changes in the pattern.

The Simple Shirt Dress No. 1 is a basic shift dress. No darts, gathering, or pleats. Simple, old timey and so cute. No. 2 I added an elastic waist to the dress. It sits high - on your natural waist and the top is blousey.

It rained cats and dogs here today, so I was not able to take any great outdoor shots, but will add some tomorrow during the day.







This is my first dress pattern - so I am sure you will be seeing lots of versions show up - I already want to make one with the natural waist about 3 inches higher - so the dress looks like a tank top with a gathered skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment